Ancestors and Names of Interest to Kem Luther
I have been doing genealogical research since 1987. The outcome of part of my work has been self-published as two genealogies, one on the Ebenezer Luther family, and another on the Christian Rodabaugh line. Ordering information for paper copies: Luther genealogy and Christian Rodabaugh genealogy. They are also available on microfilm through the LDS family history library. Paper copies can be found in the major genealogical research libraries. Shortened forms of both genealogies are available on this web site.
I have also written a book about my search for Ebenezer Luther’s family. Cottonwood Roots was published in 1993 by the University of Nebraska Press. It was republished by iUniverse in 2006. I did a second edition of it through Amazon’s Kindle Direct services.
Besides the book and the two genealogies, I have prepared research summaries for most of the other lines I have worked on. I used to send these out to interested researchers on request. Now the full text of these summaries is now available on this web site. (The exceptions are the two genealogies listed above—the copies of them on the web are not the full texts. In order to avoid putting genealogial data about living people on the web, the web copy of the Luther genealogy omits about half of the names (generations six through eight) from the descendant list. The web copy of the Rodabaugh genealogy does not include the long appendix that discusses the non-Christian Rodabaugh lines of Rodabaugh cognates.)
The papers and research summaries at this site are:
- Four Generations of the Immigrant Christian Rodabaugh (1707?-1779) and his Family
- Abraham and Jacob Pitsenbarger: Documents and Chronology
- William and Richard Reddick Documents and Chronology
- George Harriman: Ancestry and Descendants
- Elisha Jordan: Ancestors and Descendants</a
- Abraham and Sarah Rodabaugh: Ancestors and Descendants
- Ancestry of John W. Ruckle (1835-1892)
- Descendants of Ebenezer Luther (1797-1867) and Aurilla Mariette Wait (1801?-1880)
- The Search for Ebenezer Luther’s Ancestral Lines
- Ancestry of Aurilla Mariette Wait (1801?-1880)
- O.K. Luther Obituary
- Billie Rodabaugh Luther Obituary and Book of Remembrance
Ahnentafel (Ancestor Table)
Below is my Ahnentafel chart. By following the links you can go to the research summaries that have the most complete discussion of various ancestors.
Note: On an Ahnentafel Chart, each subject’s parents may be found by multiplying his/her number by two for the father and add one to that product to find the mother. If the subject is number 20, for example, then the father of that subject is 40 and the mother is 41.
Note: Place names are in the United States unless otherwise specified.
- 1 Kem LUTHER, b in Broken Bow, NE, m Jeanne Elizabeth ISAAC in London, ON, Canada.
- 2 Omer Kem LUTHER, b November 12, 1890 in Mason City, NE, m January 2, 1945 in Belleville, KS, d. April 18, 1989 in Broken Bow, NE.
- 3 Billie Enid RODABAUGH, b November 3, 1917 in Osceola, MO, d. June 21, 2006, Port Angeles, WA. Book of Remembrance
- 4 Arthur Franklin LUTHER, b February 19, 1870 in Brown Co, Kansas, m April 15, 1890 in Custer Co, NE, d July 1, 1951 in Broken Bow, NE.
- 5 Ella Etta RUCKLE, b August 27, 1874 in Blue Earth Co, MN, d September 8, 1892 in Mason City, NE.
- 6 William Henry RODABAUGH, b April 22, 1879 in Phelps Co., MO, m December 27, 1905 in Osceola, MO, d May 21, 1964 in Twin Falls, ID.
- 7 Lena Leota JORDAN, b July 20, 1884 in Georgetown, Brown Co, OH, d 1968 in Gooding,
- 8 Henry Lousern LUTHER, b March 4, 1837 in Erie Co, NY, m October 29, 1860 in Swan Creek, IL, d March 30, 1911 in Custer Co, NE.
- 9 Elizabeth CLINE, b May 14, 1843 in MS, d June 8, 1926 in Miller, MO.
- 10 John W. RUCKLE, b circa 1835 in Morgan, WV, m circa 1867 in Shelby Twnshp, Blue Earth Co, MN, d 1892 in Mason City, NE.
- 11 Irena HARRIMAN, b circa 1849 in OH, d circa 1885 in Athena Twnshp, Ringgold County, IA.
- 12 Abraham RODABAUGH, b July 1853 in Indiana, m January 8, 1874 in Phelps Co, MO, d 1937.
- 13 Sarah Lucinda COLEMAN, b May 12, 1855 in MO, d December 1955 in MO.
- 14 Walter M. JORDAN, b August 1855 in OH, m January 3, 1876 in Brown Co., OH.
- 15 Hanna REDDICK, b August 1854 in OH.
- 16 Ebenezer LUTHER, b March 3, 1797 in NY, m 1823, d October 4, 1867 in Warren Co, IL.
- 17 Aurilla Mariette WAIT, b April 10, 1801 in NY, d May 28, 1880 in Saline Co, NE.
- 18 Abraham CLINE, b circa 1807 in Germany.
- 19 Lucy, b circa 1812 in Germany.
- 20 Daniel RUCKLE, b before 1800 in Ireland, m November 6, 1833 in Monongalia Co, WV, d before 1850.
- 21 Rebecca E. JARRETT, b circa 1810 in Monogalia Co, WV.
- 22 George HARRIMAN, b March 29, 1828 in Washington Co, PA, m circa 1849, d February 16, 1912 in Ringgold Co, IA.
- 23 Eliza Jane JOHNSTON, b circa 1833 in PA, d circa 1867 in Blue Earth Co, MN.
- 24 Jacob RODABAUGH, b circa 1820 in Montgomery Co, OH, m before 1852, d after 1880.
- 25 Luvina WIMMER, b circa 1822 in IN, d after 1880.
- 26 Hammond COLEMAN, b circa 1821 in VA, m September 12, 1840 in Lawrence Co, IN, d circa 1858.
- 27 Sarah A. GILMORE, b circa 1822 in Indiana
- 28 Elisha JORDAN, b circa 1837 in North Carolina, d April 5, 1892 in Brown Co, OH.
- 29 Mary E. MORLAND, b circa1836 in OH, d after 1892 in Brown Co, OH.
- 30 Martin REDDICK, b January 22, 1812 in Clermont Co, OH, m March 23, 1837 in Cincinnati, OH, d February 25, 1907 in Cincinnati, OH.
- 31 Matilda CREAGER b March 30, 1812 in Essex, NJ, d March 13, 1892 in Brown Co, OH.
- 41 David RUCKLE, b in Ireland
- 44 Samuel HARRIMAN b 1795 in Pennsylvania
- 45 Margaret ELLIOTT, b 1798 in Pennsylvania
- 48 Adam RODABAUGH, b circa 1788 in Westmoreland Co, PA, m circa 1815 in Montgomery Co, OH, d circa 1863 in Darke Co, OH.
- 49 Anna Catherine PITSENBARGER, b circa 1794 in VA, d circa 1864 in Darke Co, OH.
- 50 Abraham Wimmer, b. 1793, d. 1868
- 51 Hannah Heckman, b. 1795, d. 1848
- 52 James COLEMAN, b circa 1800, m December 28, 1820 in Floyd Co, Kentucky, d circa 1839.
- 53 Elizabeth WILLIAMSON, b circa 1806, d 1862 in Lawrence Co, Indiana.
- 56 Thomas JORDAN?
- 57 Elizabeth Woodward?
- 58 Elizabeth MITCHELL b circa 1814, d 1901 in Roachdale, England.
- 59 Jesse MORLAND d 1844
- 60 Richard REDDICK, b circa 1786 in Montgomery Co, VA, d circa 1868 in IL.
- 61 Mary MILLER, b circa1790.
- 62 William CREAGER, d 1798.
- 63 Catherine NITZER , b. October 13, 1788.
- 96 Christian RODABAUGH, b circa 1750, m circa 1780 in Westmoreland Co, PA, d circa 1799 in Westmoreland Co, PA.
- 97 Regina Barbara KLINGENSMITH, b circa 1758, d after 1802.
- 98 Jacob Sr PITSENBARGER, b February 1, 1767 in Shenandoah Co, VA, m circa 1792 in VA, d circa 1840 in Darke Co, OH.
- 99 Margaret BUTCHER, b circa 1769, d. March 25, 1848 in Darke Co, OH.
- 100 Abraham Wimmer, b. 1765 in Taneytown, MD, d. 1839 in Sangamon Co, IL
- 101 Susanna Lemmon, b. 1765, d. 1845 in Sangamon Co, IL
- 102 Jacob Heckman, b. 1771 in PA, d. 1754 Preble Co, OH
- 103 Mary Overholtz, b. 1768, d. 1839
- 104 Peter Jr COLEMAN, b circa 1772 in Surry Co, NC, m circa 1796, d November 29, 1852 in Pike Co, KY.
- 105 Charlotte THOMPSON, d after 1823.
- 106 Harmon WILLIAMSON, b 1783 in Tazewell Co, VA, m October 29, 1803 in Prestonburg, Floyd Co, KY.
- 107 Ruth FORD.
- 116 John MITCHELL, b. England
- 117 Mary LORD
- 120 William Jr REDDICK, b circa 1760 in Ireland, m September 1785 in Lancaster Co, PA, d October 3, 1831 in Marion Co, IN.
- 121 Margaret TRUMP, b August 21, 1768 in Montgomery Co, PA, d circa 1859 in Clinton Co, IL.
- 124 John CREAGER, b before 1743, d 1833 in Clinton, NJ.
- 125 Catherine HOPPOCK.
- 126 Jacob NEITSER, b 1741 in Germany, m before 1778, d. 28 Feb 1841, buried Lebanon Reformed Cemetery.
- 127 Maria CASE., b. ca. 1742, d. 9 June 1822
- 192 Christian RODABAUGH, b circa 1707 in Germany, m Elizabeth 1745, d circa 1778 in Westmoreland Co, PA.
- 193 Elizabeth, b circa 1717 in Germany.
- 194 Phillip KLINGENSMITH, b 1732, m circa 1757, July 2, 1781 in Westmoreland Co, PA.
- 195 Christina, d July 2, 1781 in Westmoreland Co, PA.
- 196 Abraham PITSENBARGER, m before
1766, d circa 1781.
- 197 Elizabeth TISINGER (DEISSINGER).
- 200 Jacob Wimmer, b. 1735 in NJ, d. 1822 in Butler Co, OH
- 201 Mary (Maria) Van Dyke, b. 1742 in Southhampton, PA, d. 1793 in Franklin Co, VA
- 202 George Lemmon, b. 1743 in Montgomery Co, PA
- 203 Sarah Salome, b. ca. 1743 in Philadelphia Co, PA
- 206 Abraham Overholtz, b. ca. 1745 in Franklin County, VA
- 207 Anna Witmer
- 208 Peter COLEMAN, Sr, b circa 1740, d circa 1808 in Grayson Co, VA.
- 209 Abigail JAYNE.
- 212 Alden WILLIAMSON, m before 1779 in Tazewell Co, VA.
- 213 Isabel THOMPSON.
- 242 Adam TRUMP
- 243 Anna Maria.
The picture on this page depicts moss-covered bigleaf maple trees at Matheson Lake Park, Metchosin, BC.